BoilerMakers 18U Softball Team
Questions? (E) firstname.lastname@example.org (P) 215-628-2100
Our team is now complete! We are excited for our inaugural season to begin. Check back soon for an updated roster and our schedule.
The Mission of the Ambler Sports Academy Team is to provide a nurturing, healthy, fun and competitive environment for girls wishing to develop their softball skills and enjoy the game. We emphasize skill development through fundamental instruction. The goal of our team is to compete in our respective age division (18B), and to facilitate opportunities for our players to grow in the sport.
Why Play 18U?
The 18U level provides many positives to players, especially younger players aging out of 16U. It allows players to grow in the sport and stay with the same team for a few years. Also, it is a great way to prepare for high school seasons.
What is a Boilermaker?
Ambler may not have existed without the Ambler Boiler House. In 1881 the Keasbey & Mattison Company brought their manufacturing business to to the area. It helped enhance the already booming farming and industrial community. Keasbey & Mattison made many contributions to create the backbone of Ambler such as street electric, the water tower, opera house and the library.
A Boilermaker represents the blue collar worker, who works tirelessly at their craft and makes an impact through their work ethic and skill set. In following our mission, we want to instill a strong work ethic in our players, who are dedicated to growing in the game. Additionally, leaving a legacy behind that others would want to follow.
Meet the Coaches
The coaching staff is comprised of three former softball collegiate players. All three bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to the game.
- Bachelor of Art Degree in Physical Education from Spring Arbor University
- Master's Degree Of Science in Exercise Science and Physical Education from McDaniel College
- Head Coach at Holy Family University
- Assistant Manager at Ambler Sports Academy
- 4 year catcher at Spring Arbor University
- Head Softball Coach at Frederick High School (2015-2016)
- Head Softball Coach Wissahickon High School (2014)
- Head Softball Coach Abington Friends School (2012-2013)
- Masters in Public Health and Physician’s Assistant from Arcadia University
- Bachelors of Science in Biology from Florida Southern College
- 2016 Central Bucks South Head JV Coach
- Florida Southern Women’s Softball team
- Campbell Athletic Award ’13, ‘14
- National Scholar Athlete Award ’12, ‘13
- Currently attending Arcadia University for Master in Physician Assistant and Public Health
- Bachelor of Science in Biology and Public Health from Muhlenberg College
- Volunteer Assistant at Holy Family University
- SS/3rd base for Muhlenberg College softball team
- 9th all time in career assists in just 3 seasons
- NFCA All-American scholar athlete 2015, 2016
- 5 year varsity infielder, 4 year all- conference selection, for Springside School
Tryouts have concluded for the 2018-2019 season.
Team meeting for 2018 players & parents
Sunday, 08/19/18, 4:00 p.m. at Ambler Sports Academy
Practices will begin in August on Sunday evenings (Aug 19th-Oct 21st), from 4:00-6:00. Locations TBA. We will play in two fall tournaments*, dates TBA.
Fall indoor practices begin in October (Oct 21st-Dec 19th) on Wednesdays and Sundays. Wednesday nights 7:00-8:30; Sunday nights 4:00-5:30 at Ambler Sports Academy.
Winter indoor practices begin in January on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Tuesday nights 7:30-9:00; Saturday mornings 8:30-10:00.
We take a brief recess during high school season.
Spring practices (either indoor or out depending on weather) begin April 21st, Sundays, 4:00-5:30
Spring and Summer we will play seven tournaments*, dates TBA. Practice once a week TBD.
*Tournaments are played within the tri-state area.
What this includes:
- 3 Coaches
- Comprehensive Practice Schedule
- Membership to the Academy
- 9 Tournaments
*Team dues will be broken down into Fall, Winter and Spring tuition. Fundraising efforts will help to defray the cost.
The team will have built in fundraising to help with the cost. We will host 2 tournaments; one in the fall and one in the spring. We will also hold clinics. Additional fundraising options will be discussed.